February home renovation planning ideas
February might be the shortest month, but there’s still time to be productive.
Whether you’re ready to get started or planning things out, here are some areas to consider around the home to get your started during the winter months:
1. Indoor Painting: February is a great time to refresh the interior of your home with a new coat of paint. Consider updating walls, trim, or cabinets for a fresh look.
2. Kitchen Remodel: If you’ve been considering a kitchen remodel, February is an ideal time to start planning and executing the project. You can focus on updating cabinets, countertops, backsplash, or appliances to give your kitchen a modern and functional makeover.
3. Bathroom Renovation: Renovating a bathroom can greatly improve both the functionality and aesthetics of your home. Consider upgrading fixtures, replacing tiles, installing a new vanity, or adding storage solutions.
4. Flooring Upgrades: Upgrade your flooring to enhance the overall look and feel of your home. Consider options such as hardwood, laminate, tile, or luxury vinyl plank flooring for durability and style. – Have you considered underfloor-heating?!
5. Lighting Updates: Improve the lighting in your home by installing new fixtures or upgrading to energy-efficient LED bulbs. Consider adding dimmer switches or smart lighting systems for added convenience and ambiance.
6. Window Replacement: Replace old or inefficient windows with energy-efficient models to improve insulation and reduce energy costs. This can also enhance the appearance of your home and increase its resale value.
7. Insulation Improvements: Enhance the energy efficiency of your home by adding or upgrading insulation in walls, lofts, and crawl spaces. This can help maintain a comfortable indoor temperature and reduce heating and cooling costs.
8. Organisation and Storage: Maximise storage space and organisation in your home by renovating closets. Install custom shelving, drawers, and racks to optimise storage and keep belongings neatly organised –or if you have the space, have you always wanted a walk in wardrobe?